MAC foes will clash when the Ohio Bobcats (10-15, 3-10 MAC) square off with the Miami (OH) RedHawks (13-13, 6-7 MAC) at Convocation Center. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Ohio Bobcats Betting Preview
The last time the RedHawks played, they lost a close one to the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 58-57. Jake Wright had a solid performance for Miami (OH), leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Eastern Michigan did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (11-15; 73.3 percent). Miami (OH), meanwhile, held the Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.461 (below their season average of 0.519).
The Bobcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-74 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last game. With 21 points and 10 rebounds, Ohio’s Teyvion Kirk had a solid game. Toledo did a terrific job of making free throws (32-37; 86.5 percent). Ohio, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 22.4).
It could be a tough game for Ohio on the offensive glass. The Bobcats rank 330th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 percent), while Miami (OH) ranks 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bobcats won both contests last season. In the most recent matchup, Ohio won 69-55. The Bobcats played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.339. For those same stats, the RedHawks were 13.2 and 0.271, respectively.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Ohio Bobcats Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- The RedHawks rank 49th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Bobcats rank 81st (12.4).
- Ohio ranks 95th in blocks per game (3.6) while Miami (OH) ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Miami (OH) ranks 85th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Ohio ranks 275th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- The RedHawks rank 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Bobcats rank 241st in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Ohio averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 87th in the NCAA. Miami (OH) ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Bobcats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average).