The Missouri Tigers (6-2) will be at home in Mizzou Arena when they meet the Miami (OH) RedHawks (4-2). Missouri opened as a 22.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 133 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Missouri Tigers ATS Preview
The last time the RedHawks played, they edged the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 76-73. Logan McLane was Miami (OH)’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Miami (OH) played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (better than their season average of 19.4). Western Illinois had marks of 0.090 and 20.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The Tigers will look to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the UCF Knights in their last contest, 62-59. Missouri was lifted by Jeremiah Tilmon, who finished with 14 points and seven rebounds. The Tigers had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 19.5) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.527 vs. 0.500).
The aggressive Missouri offense might be living from the free throw line in this meeting. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Tigers rank 72nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.275, while Miami (OH) ranks 223rd in FTA rate allowed (0.259).
Of Miami (OH)’s 7 games, four have finished under the O/U total, while 3 of Missouri’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tigers have the better straight up (SU) record (6-2 vs. 4-2), but the RedHawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (4-3 vs. 5-2).
The Tigers won the lone game against the RedHawks last season, 81-55. The Tigers dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 6.9 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.328. For those same stats, the RedHawks were 18.2 and 0.220, respectively.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Missouri Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. The RedHawks rank 261st in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- Missouri ranks 200th in assists per game (12.9) while Miami (OH) ranks 258th (12.0).
- Missouri ranks 56th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Miami (OH) ranks 270th (7.9).
- The Tigers average 23.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the NCAA. The RedHawks rank 287th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Miami (OH) averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. Missouri ranks 250th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).