MAC foes will clash when the Eastern Michigan Eagles (14-11, 5-7 MAC) meet the Miami (OH) RedHawks (13-12, 6-6 MAC) at Convocation Center. Eastern Michigan opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 129.5 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Eastern Michigan Eagles Free Preview
In the RedHawks last game, they fell to the Toledo Rockets, 73-67. Miami (OH)’s Logan McLane had 15 points and seven rebounds in the contest. Toledo did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (21-28; 75.0 percent). Miami (OH), on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 17.4).
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 70-63 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last game. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, James Thompson IV played well for Eastern Michigan. Bowling Green did a terrific job of making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent). Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, forced the Falcons into a turnover percentage of 20.5 (above their season average of 15.1).
Getting to the line might be scarce for Eastern Michigan in this matchup. The Eagles rank 252nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.219, while Miami (OH) ranks 32nd in FTA rate allowed (0.187).
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish under the projected point total. Miami (OH) games have finished under 56.5 percent of the time, while 63.2 percent of games involving Eastern Michigan have finished under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (13-12 for Miami (OH); 14-11 for Eastern Michigan), but the RedHawks have the edge against the spread (ATS). Miami (OH) is 14-8-1 ATS, while the Eagles are 10-9.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 106 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 132.5. The Eagles won 58-48, covering as 2-point underdogs. Eastern Michigan had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.539 vs. 0.375). Miami (OH), on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.107 vs. 0.059). In the loss, Dalonte Brown led all scorers on the team with 17 points.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- The RedHawks rank 80th in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Eagles rank 179th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Miami (OH) averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. Eastern Michigan ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Miami (OH) is 9-4-1 ATS on the road, while Eastern Michigan is 5-3 ATS at home.
- The RedHawks have 8 unders, 5 overs and 1 push in 14 road games.
- The Eagles have 6 unders and 2 overs in 8 home games.
- Miami (OH) ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Eastern Michigan ranks 233rd (19.5).
- The Eagles rank fifth in blocks per game (6.2) while the RedHawks rank 165th (2.7).
- Miami (OH) ranks 66th in steals per game (7.1) while Eastern Michigan ranks 199th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Eastern Michigan is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami (OH) is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average).