MAC foes will collide when the Central Michigan Chippewas (13-6, 2-4 MAC) square off against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (10-9, 3-3 MAC) at McGuirk Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 141 points with Central Michigan set as a 7.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Preview
The last time the RedHawks played, they easily got past the Ball State Cardinals, 71-53. With 20 points, six rebounds and five steals, Logan McLane put together a solid performance for Miami (OH). The RedHawks knocked down 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 18.2).
The Chippewas come in on a high note after topping the Bowling Green Falcons in their last contest, 84-75. Central Michigan was lifted by Kevin McKay, who contributed 16 points and five rebounds. Central Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 15.3) and a free throw rate of 0.274 (above their season average of 0.266). Bowling Green was 21.3 and 0.220, respectively, for those same stats.
Miami (OH) may have trouble getting to the foul line in this matchup. The RedHawks rank 320th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.188, while Central Michigan ranks 24th in FTA rate allowed (0.179).
Of Miami (OH)’s 17 games that accepted bets, nine have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Central Michigan’s 14 games have finished over the projected point total. The Chippewas have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (13-6 vs. 10-9), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Central Michigan is 10-4, while Miami (OH) is 10-6-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The RedHawks won the last contest 81-76. Miami (OH)’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Central Michigan. The RedHawks had a rate of 0.242, while the Chippewas posted a mark of 0.121.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
- Miami (OH) is 6-4-1 ATS on the road with 6 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Central Michigan is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- Miami (OH) averages 25.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. Central Michigan ranks 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Chippewas rank 72nd in rebounds per game (37.8) while the RedHawks rank 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Central Michigan averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. Miami (OH) ranks 139th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Central Michigan is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami (OH) is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Chippewas have been outscored by an average of 5.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Central Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 9.3 points.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.2 above their season average).