MAC foes will battle when the Buffalo Bulls (11-5, 3-0 MAC) challenge the Miami (OH) RedHawks (9-7, 2-1 MAC) at Alumni Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Buffalo Bulls Odds Preview
In the RedHawks last contest, they defeated the Kent State Golden Flashes, 80-69. Nike Sibande was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 6-for-17 shooting. The RedHawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.523, had a fantastic mark of 0.607 and held the Golden Flashes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (below their season average of 34.4).
The Bulls will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Akron Zips in their last game, 87-65. With 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting, Jeremy Harris led Buffalo in scoring. Buffalo played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 15.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.518). For those same stats, Akron was 19.7 and 0.383, respectively.
Getting to the line might be hard to find for Buffalo in this meeting. The Bulls rank 261st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.213, while Miami (OH) ranks 59th in FTA rate allowed (0.191).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the RedHawks, it’s been Darrian Ringo, who has averaged 13.6 points, 8.4 assists and 2.6 steals, while the Bulls have received solid contributions from Nick Perkins (17.6 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bulls won the last game 71-58. The Bulls played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.179 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545. The RedHawks had marks of 0.115 and 0.418, respectively, for those same stats.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Buffalo Bulls Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- The Bulls rank 47th in assists per game (16.1) while the RedHawks rank 83rd (14.9).
- Miami (OH) ranks 130th in blocks per game (2.9) while Buffalo ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Miami (OH) ranks 43rd in rebounds per game (39.4) while Buffalo ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- The Bulls rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while the RedHawks rank 133rd (22.1).
- Buffalo averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 76th in the NCAA. Miami (OH) ranks 155th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Bulls average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).