A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the North Carolina State Wolfpack (13-6, 3-3 ACC) when they clash against the No. 25 Miami Hurricanes (13-4, 2-3 ACC) at PNC Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145.5 points with Miami opening as a 1-point favorite. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Miami Hurricanes at North Carolina State Wolfpack Free Preview
In the Hurricanes last game, they fell to the No. 5 Duke Blue Devils, 83-75. Miami’s Dewan Huell had 18 points and 13 rebounds in the contest. Duke had a better free throw rate (0.179 vs. 0.103). Miami, on the other hand, forced the Blue Devils into a turnover percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 13.0).
The Wolfpack come in on a high note after beating the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in their last game, 72-63. North Carolina State received a boost from Omer Yurtseven, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting. North Carolina State played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.210 (below their season average of 0.265) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (below their season average of 36.4). For those same stats, Wake Forest had marks of 0.138 and 25.6, respectively.
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. North Carolina State ranks 51st in offensive efficiency and Miami is eighth in defensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Miami have finished under 58.3 percent of the time, while North Carolina State games have finished over 58.3 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Hurricanes have a significant advantage. They are 13-4 SU and 6-5-1 ATS, while the Wolfpack are 13-6 SU and 6-6 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Hurricanes won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Miami won 84-79. Miami had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (51.5 vs. 20.8). North Carolina State, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (14-17; 82.4 percent).
Miami Hurricanes vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
- The Wolfpack rank 80th in rebounds per game (37.6) while the Hurricanes rank 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- North Carolina State ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Miami ranks 65th (20.0).
- Miami is 5-4-1 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 3 overs.
- North Carolina State is 5-1 ATS at home with 5 overs and 1 under.
- Miami averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. North Carolina State ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Hurricanes rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Wolfpack rank 101st (13.0).
- North Carolina State ranks 23rd in steals per game (8.2) while Miami ranks 87th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- North Carolina State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wolfpack have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, North Carolina State has defeated opponents by an average of 8.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Hurricanes have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).