The undefeated No. 15 Miami Hurricanes (10-0, 1-0 ACC) and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (6-7, 0-1 ACC) square off at McCamish Pavilion. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 127 points with Miami opening as a 6-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Preview
The Hurricanes were victorious over the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last contest, 67-53. Anthony Lawrence, Jr. led Miami in scoring with 12 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Miami dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 (above their season average of 29.9) and a turnover percentage of 20.3 (worse than their season average of 14.5). For those same stats, Pittsburgh recorded marks of 15.4 and 26.5, respectively.
In the Yellow Jackets last matchup, they were defeated by the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 68-59. With 11 points and 12 rebounds, Georgia Tech’s Ben Lammers had a solid performance. Notre Dame did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-18; 83.3 percent). Georgia Tech, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 17.4).
Georgia Tech might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the nations best defenses. Miami currently ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Yellow Jackets rank 260th in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish under the projected point total. Miami games have finished under 75.0 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games involving Georgia Tech have gone under. The Hurricanes hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-0 SU and 5-2-1 ATS, while the Yellow Jackets are 6-7 SU and 4-5 ATS.
Josh Okogie has been on fire over the last five games for Georgia Tech, averaging 18.5 points and 1.8 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Hurricanes won the only contest last season, 70-61. The Hurricanes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.579 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0. The Yellow Jackets were 0.038 and 7.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Under
- The Hurricanes average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. The Yellow Jackets rank 78th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Georgia Tech is 2-3 ATS at home, while Miami is 5-2-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Hurricanes 8 road games, they have 6 unders and 2 overs.
- Of the Yellow Jackets 5 home games, they have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Miami ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Georgia Tech ranks 159th (14.2).
- The Hurricanes rank 182nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Yellow Jackets rank 268th (15.2).
- Miami ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Georgia Tech ranks 83rd (3.3).
- Georgia Tech is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Yellow Jackets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hurricanes have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 53.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average).