The No. 6 Miami Hurricanes (7-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they take on the George Washington Colonials (5-5) at Charles E. Smith Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Miami Hurricanes vs. George Washington Colonials ATS Preview
In the Hurricanes last game, they beat the Boston University Terriers, 69-54. Lonnie Walker was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-15 shooting. The Hurricanes had a free throw rate of 0.167 (above their season average of 0.156) and held the Terriers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.377 (below their season average of 0.511).
The Colonials are trying to rebound after their 74-54 loss to the Penn State Nittany Lions in their last game. Yuta Watanabe led George Washington in scoring with 18 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Penn State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 34.0). George Washington, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (14-20; 70.0 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. George Washington ranks 333rd in possessions per game (65.9) and Miami is 335th (65.5) dating back to last season. Also, the Hurricanes 48th-ranked defense (opponents effective field goal percentage of 0.463) will square off against the Colonials 251st-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.495).
The Hurricanes won the lone contest against the Colonials last season, 72-64. The Hurricanes played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.4 and a superb free throw rate of 0.263. The Colonials were 16.1 and 0.196, respectively, for those same stats.
Miami Hurricanes at George Washington Colonials Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonials are 26th in the nation with 13.7 assists allowed per game while the Hurricanes are 57th with 11.8 assists allowed per game.
- Miami averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 100th in the NCAA. George Washington ranks 110th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Miami ranks 139th in rebounds per game (36.2) while George Washington ranks 228th (35.8).
- The Colonials rank 20th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Hurricanes rank 78th (3.9).
- George Washington is 19th in the nation with 18.5 three pointers allowed per game while Miami is 59th with 19.6 three pointers allowed per game.