A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the No. 19 Clemson Tigers (14-2, 3-1 ACC) when they clash against the No. 18 Miami Hurricanes (13-2, 2-1 ACC) at Littlejohn Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Clemson Tigers Betting Preview
In the Hurricanes last game, they beat the No. 24 Florida State Seminoles, 80-74. With 20 points and eight rebounds, Dewan Huell had a solid performance for Miami. The Hurricanes made 23 of their 32 free throws (71.9 percent) and held the Seminoles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.399 (below their season average of 0.571).
The Tigers are hoping for a better outcome after their 78-77 loss to the North Carolina State Wolfpack in their last outing. With 16 points and nine rebounds, Clemson’s Donte Grantham had a good game. North Carolina State had a turnover percentage of 5.0 (better than their season average of 14.4). Clemson, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.274).
Points could be at a premium in this contest between a pair of the NCAA’s best defenses. Clemson currently ranks 28th in defensive efficiency (93.5) and Miami is fourth (87.0). Also, the Hurricanes rank 319th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.185), while the Tigers rank 12th in opponents FTA rate (0.163).
Grantham has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Clemson, averaging 12.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Hurricanes won the only game last season, 71-65. Miami had a better free throw rate (0.161 vs. 0.136). Clemson, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 vs. 28.1).
Miami Hurricanes at Clemson Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
- Clemson ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Miami ranks 91st (6.3).
- The Tigers rank 18th in blocks per game (5.6) while the Hurricanes rank 44th (4.5).
- Miami is 15th in the NCAA with 10.2 assists allowed per game while Clemson is 24th with 10.7 assists allowed per game.
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 13.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hurricanes have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (7.1 above their season average).