ACC foes will collide when the Boston College Eagles (14-10, 4-7 ACC) challenge the No. 25 Miami Hurricanes (18-5, 7-4 ACC) at Silvio O. Conte Forum. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Miami Hurricanes at Boston College Eagles ATS Preview
The last time the Hurricanes played, they beat the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 87-81. Lonnie Walker IV led Miami in scoring with 19 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Miami dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.473 (above their season average of 0.190) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 14.8). Wake Forest put up marks of 0.154 and 15.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 96-85 loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their last outing. Jerome Robinson was the games leading scorer with 46 points on 15-for-23 shooting. Notre Dame had a turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 13.5). Boston College, on the other hand, held the Fighting Irish to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 31.8).
Points at the line could be rare for Boston College in this meeting. The Eagles currently rank 245th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.220, while Miami ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.195). Also, the Hurricanes rank 55th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Eagles rank 292nd in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.0 percent).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Hurricanes, it’s been Walker IV, who has averaged 18.0 points and 1.2 steals, while the Eagles have received great contributions from Robinson (22.0 points and 3.8 assists).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Hurricanes won the sole game played against each other last season, 78-77. Miami’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Boston College. The Hurricanes had a rate of 0.333, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.161.
Miami Hurricanes at Boston College Eagles Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Hurricanes rank 71st (5.7).
- Miami ranks 92nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Boston College ranks 263rd (25.0).
- The Hurricanes average 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 107th in the nation. The Eagles rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Miami ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.3) while Boston College ranks 100th (3.5).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 6.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Hurricanes have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (11.9 above their season average).