The Minnesota Timberwolves (11-7) will be at home in Target Center when they challenge the Miami Heat (8-9). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207.5 points with Minnesota opening as a 4-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Miami Heat at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Preview
The Heat were victorious over the Boston Celtics in their last game, 104-98. Goran Dragic was the games high scorer with 27 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Heat held the Celtics to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 23.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.511).
In the Timberwolves last game, they defeated the Orlando Magic, 124-118. Minnesota’s Jeff Teague had a good game, recording 22 points and 11 assists. Minnesota played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.414 (above their season average of 0.238) and a turnover percentage of 6.2 (better than their season average of 13.0). Orlando was 0.154 and 12.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Minnesota offense might be living from the foul line in this meeting. The Timberwolves rank second in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.248, while Miami ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.227).
Of Miami’s 17 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of Minnesota’s 18 games have finished under the projected point total. The Timberwolves hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-7 SU and 8-9-1 ATS, while the Heat are 8-9 SU and 6-9-2 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 247 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 216.5. The Timberwolves won 125-122, covering as 3-point underdogs. Minnesota was effective at getting and making free throws. The Timberwolves made 32 of their 35 free throws (91.4 percent), while the Heat were just 17-25 (68.0 percent). Teague recorded a double-double with 23 points and 11 assists.
Miami Heat at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Timberwolves, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Timberwolves rank fourth in steals per game (9.0) while the Heat rank 21st (7.4).
- Miami averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Minnesota ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Miami ranks 10th in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while Minnesota ranks 26th (13.8).
- Minnesota averages 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Miami ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9).
- Miami is 5-3 ATS on the road, while Minnesota is 4-4 ATS at home.
- Of the Heat’s 8 road games, they have 4 unders, 3 overs and 1 push.
- The Timberwolves have 4 unders, 3 overs and 1 push in 8 home games.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Miami is 5-3 and Minnesota is 7-0.
- The Heat are 5-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Timberwolves are 10-5.
- The Timberwolves rank third in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while the Heat rank 17th (44.2).
- Miami ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (31.6) while Minnesota ranks 28th (23.0).
- The Heat rank third in assists allowed per game (18.5) while the Timberwolves rank 24th (24.1).
- The Timberwolves average 46.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Heat rank 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.1).
- Minnesota ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Miami ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.5).
- Minnesota is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Timberwolves have outscored opponents by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Minnesota has been defeated by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 97.2 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).