The Miami Heat (0-1), 7.5-point underdogs, will travel to Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers (1-0) in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215.5 points and it will air on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 16, 2018.
Miami Heat at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
In game one, Simmons led the 76ers to a 130-103 victory. He recorded a double-double with 17 points and 14 assists. The two teams combined to score 233 points, which was well over the projected point total of 214, and Philadelphia covered as a 5.5-point favorite. The 76ers’ 8.5 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Heat, who had a rate of 14.9.
Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. Philadelphia prefers a fast-breaking style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Miami is slower-paced (22nd in possessions per game). Also, the 21st-ranked offense of the Heat (offensive efficiency of 105.2) will square off against the third-ranked defense of the 76ers (defensive efficiency of 102.7).
A little over half of the Heat’s games have finished under the projected point total. Miami holds records of 44-39 straight up (SU) and 41-38-4 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Miami, a little over half of 76ers games have finished over the total. Additionally, Philadelphia is 53-30 SU and 49-34 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has been playing at a high level recently for Philadelphia, averaging 18.0 points and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
- The Heat rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Miami ranks 23rd (11.2).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.2) while the Heat rank 16th (22.7).
- Miami ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Philadelphia ranks 26th (8.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Miami ranks 26th (9.3).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (47.5) while the Heat rank 18th (43.4).
- The Heat rank sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while the 76ers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while Miami ranks seventh (43.5).
- Miami ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (18.3).
- When allowing under 100 points, Philadelphia is 22-0 and Miami is 27-6.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the 76ers are 50-18 and the Heat are 32-19.
- Philadelphia is 28-13 ATS at home, while Miami is 24-16-2 ATS on the road.
- The Heat have 21 unders, 20 overs and 1 push in 42 road games.
- In 41 home games, the 76ers have 21 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Miami and Philadelphia are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Heat have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the 76ers have 4 overs and 1 under
- The Heat have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 124.4 points per game (14.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).