The Philadelphia 76ers (29-25) can prolong an eight-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Miami Heat (30-27) at Wells Fargo Center. Philadelphia opened as a 7-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 201 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Miami Heat at Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Heat lost a close one to the Toronto Raptors in their last game, 115-112. With 28 points on 10-for-19 shooting, Goran Dragic was the top scorer from either team. Toronto had a turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 11.6). Miami, on the other hand, held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 23.4).
In the 76ers last game, they topped the New York Knicks, 108-92. Philadelphia’s T.J. McConnell played a huge role in the victory, registering 10 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds on his way to his zeroth triple-double of the season. Philadelphia played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.526) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 25.4). New York had marks of 0.430 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NBA’s top rebounding teams square off. The 76ers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), while Miami ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (80.1 percent). Additionally, the Heat rank 25th in offensive efficiency (103.9), while the 76ers rank third in defensive efficiency (103.1).
Of Miami’s 56 games that accepted bets, 32 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Philadelphia’s 54 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (30-27 for Miami; 29-25 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 31-23 ATS, while the Heat are 27-27-2.
Josh Richardson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Miami, averaging 19.4 points, 3.4 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 200 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 203. The 76ers won 103-97, covering as 4-point favorites. Philadelphia’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Miami. The 76ers had a rate of 0.541 while the Heat posted a mark of 0.460. Bam Adebayo finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the 76ers rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Miami ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2) while Philadelphia ranks last (19.2).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.7) while Miami ranks 17th (42.8).
- Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points per game (10.2) while Miami ranks 28th (7.6).
- Miami is 19-11 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 18-8 ATS at home.
- The Heat have 18 unders, 11 overs and 1 push in 30 road games.
- Of the 76ers 26 home games, they have 15 unders and 11 overs.
- Miami is 18-6 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 13-0.
- The 76ers are 26-16 when they reach 100 points, while the Heat are 20-11.
- The Heat rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.7) while the 76ers rank 18th (29.6).
- Philadelphia ranks sixth in steals per game (8.3) while Miami ranks 25th (7.0).
- The 76ers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Heat rank 26th (10.5).
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while the Heat rank 13th (43.4).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (25.6) while Miami ranks 22nd (21.8).
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average).