The Miami Heat (1-3), 9.5-point underdogs, will attempt to extend the series when they travel to Wells Fargo Center to square off against the Philadelphia 76ers (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211 points and it is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
Miami Heat at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
game four, Simmons led the 76ers to a 106-102 victory. He notched a triple-double with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists. The two teams combined for 208 points, which was just under the projected point total of 212.5, and Philadelphia covered as a 3.5-point favorite. Philadelphia did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (27-35; 77.1 percent). Miami, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 20.7).
will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking 76ers will look to push the more half-court-oriented Heat. The 76ers currently rank fourth in possessions per game while the Heat are 20th. Also, the Heat rank 21st in offensive efficiency (105.2), while the 76ers rank third in defensive efficiency (102.7).
Just over half of the Heat’s games have finished under the total. Miami heads into the contest with records of 45-41 straight up (SU) and 42-40-4 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Miami, 76ers games have a slight tendency to go over the total (50.0 percent). Further, Philadelphia owns records of 55-31 SU and 51-35 ATS.
The Heat’s James Johnson has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13.0 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. Meanwhile, Marco Belinelli has averaged 19.0 points and 1.6 steals during that same time frame for the 76ers.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Heat rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.4).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.9) while Miami ranks 26th (11.0).
- The Heat rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8) while the 76ers rank 27th (18.4).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (27.1) while Miami ranks 16th (22.8).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Miami ranks 27th (9.6).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (47.5) while the Heat rank 20th (43.4).
- The Heat rank 13th in steals allowed per game (7.6) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.5).
- Philadelphia ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while Miami ranks ninth (43.6).
- Miami ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.4) while Philadelphia ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Philadelphia is 22-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 27-6.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the 76ers are 52-19 and the Heat are 33-21.
- Miami is 25-16-2 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 28-14 ATS at home.
- Of the Heat’s 43 road games, they have 22 unders, 20 overs and 1 push.
- Of the 76ers’ 42 home games, they have 22 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Miami and Philadelphia have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Heat are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 119.4 points per game (9.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Heat’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 0.0 for the season.