The Philadelphia 76ers (24-24) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they go head-to-head against the Miami Heat (29-22). Philadelphia opened as a 4.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 203 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview
The Heat lost a close one to the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last contest, 91-89. Goran Dragic put together a good game for Miami, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Cleveland did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (29-38; 76.3 percent). Miami, meanwhile, held the Cavaliers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.388 (below their season average of 0.546).
In the 76ers last matchup, they were defeated by the Brooklyn Nets, 116-108. Joel Embiid was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 8-for-19 shooting. Brooklyn held the 76ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.8). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 15.2).
Baskets could be hard to come by in this contest between two of the NBA’s best defenses. Philadelphia ranks fourth in defensive efficiency (104.1) and Miami is fifth (104.2).
Of Miami’s 51 games, 30 have finished under the projected point total, while 26 of Philadelphia’s 48 games have finished over the O/U total. The Heat have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (29-22 vs. 24-24), but the 76ers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (26-22 vs. 25-24-2).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Heat won the most recent game 125-98. Miami had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 16.7). Philadelphia, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (18-22; 81.8 percent).
Miami Heat at Philadelphia 76ers Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (46.9) while the Heat rank 19th (42.4).
- Miami ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.1) while Philadelphia ranks last (19.4).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (25.4) while Miami ranks 21st (21.8).
- Philadelphia ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while Miami ranks 11th (42.8).
- Miami is 18-10 ATS on the road with 17 unders, 10 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Philadelphia is 13-8 ATS with 11 unders and 10 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 9-0 and Miami is 17-6.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Heat are 20-7 and the 76ers are 21-16.
- The Heat rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.5) while the 76ers rank 19th (29.5).
- Miami averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- The 76ers rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Heat rank 27th (10.3).
- The 76ers rank 19th in fast break points per game (10.0) while the Heat rank 28th (7.5).
- Miami ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Philadelphia ranks last (9.0).
- Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 91.4 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 91.6 points per game (9.3 below their season average).