Southeast Division foes will battle when the Washington Wizards (9-5) clash against the Miami Heat (6-8) at Capital One Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208.5 points with Washington set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Miami Heat at Washington Wizards Betting Preview
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 195 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 210.5. The Wizards won 102-93, covering as 2-point underdogs. Washington did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (29-31; 93.5 percent). Miami, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 26.8). In the victory, Wall led all scorers with 27 points.
The physical Washington offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Wizards rank first in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.247, while Miami ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.242). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the Heats offense, which ranks 27th in ball security (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent). Theyll be going up against the stingy defense of the Wizards, which forces the fourth-most turnovers in the league (16.3 percent).
Of Miamis 14 games, seven have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Washingtons 14 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wizards have a clear advantage. They are 9-5 SU and 8-6 ATS, while the Heat are 6-8 SU and 4-8-2 ATS.
Miami Heat at Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank first in three pointers allowed per game (23.6) while the Wizards rank 12th (27.5).
- Washington averages 43.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. Miami ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (44.7).
- Miami ranks second in assists allowed per game (17.5) while Washington ranks 11th (21.4).
- Miami is 4-3 ATS on the road with 3 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Washington is 3-5 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Miami is 3-3 when they allow below 100 points, while Washington is 6-0.
- The Heat are 4-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Wizards are 9-3.
- The Wizards rank 13th in points in the paint per game (43.6) while the Heat rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.3).
- Washington ranks second in points off turnovers per game (21.0) while Miami ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.0).
- The Wizards rank ninth in steals per game (8.6) while the Heat rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Washington averages 12.8 second chance points per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Miami ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.1).
- Washington is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 97.2 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.0 points per game (3.0 below their season average).