The Orlando Magic, 2.5-point underdogs, welcome the Miami Heat to Amway Center to open the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points and it gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
Miami Heat at Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Following a 44-38 regular season campaign, Miami made the playoffs as the six seed in the Eastern Conference last season. They lost in the First Round to the Philadelphia 76ers in five games. Meanwhile, Orlando failed to make the playoffs following a 25-57 regular season.
The offense of Orlando will face off against the stingy defense of Miami. In the 2017-18 season, the Magic ranked 25th in offensive efficiency, while the Heat were seventh in defensive efficiency. The Heat figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. ,
The Heat were 44-38 straight up (SU) and 49-33 against the spread (ATS) last season. A little over half of Miami’s games finished under the O/U total.
The Magic, on the other hand, owned records of 25-57 SU and 33-48-1 ATS last season. Coinciding with Miami, Orlando games went under the projected point total 51.2 percent of the time.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Magic won the most recent game 111-109. Orlando made 13 of its 30 three pointers (43.3 percent). Miami, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 12.2).
Miami Heat at Orlando Magic Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Miami ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while Orlando ranks 23rd (24.4).
- The Heat average 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Magic rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Miami ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.5) while Orlando ranks 28th (45.9).
- Miami ranks 26th in second chance points per game (11.0) while Orlando ranks 27th (10.8).
- The Heat rank 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.6) while the Magic rank 28th (48.3).
- The Heat rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while the Magic rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- Orlando ranks 12th in fast break points per game (12.6) while Miami ranks 26th (9.6).
- Orlando is 12-9 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 27-6.
- The Heat are 33-21 when they score more than 100 points, while the Magic are 24-31.