The Miami Dolphins (-1.5) are set to face off against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium. This AFC East game starts at 1:00 p.m. ET and interested parties can watch the action live on CBS.
Betting Preview: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins
New York enters this AFC game as the underdog and is currently getting 1.5 points. The Dolphins are also receiving -125 moneyline odds while the Jets are +105. If one side can catch a lucky break in the early stages, it will likely result in a worthy betting opportunity in-game.
This game’s line originally opened at 0, but has recently shifted.
The Dolphins have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) and they have yet to face any AFC East opponents this year. The Jets are 1-0 SU overall and also 0-0 SU against divisional foes.
The Dolphins are looking to stay undefeated after a 27-20 victory over Tennessee last week. Ryan Tannehill completed 20-of-28 passes for 230 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Kenyan Drake (just 48 rushing yards on 14 attempts) and Frank Gore (61 yards on nine carries) mounted the running attack while Jakeem Grant (five receptions, 38 yards) and Danny Amendola (four catches, 26 yards) handled the receiving duties in the win.
New York just got a 48-17 win over Detroit a week ago. The defensive secondary let the Lions air it out for 300 yards. Kenny Golladay was a bright spot in the loss, posting 114 yards and a score on seven catches for Detroit. For New York, Sam Darnold completed 16-of-21 passes for 198 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Bilal Powell (60 rushing yards on 12 attempts) and Isaiah Crowell (102 yards on 10 carries, two TDs) mounted the running game as Quincy Enunwa (six receptions, 63 yards, one TD) and Terrelle Pryor (three catches, 49 yards) led the receiving corps in the win..
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets Free NFL Pick
SU Winner: Dolphins, ATS Winner: Dolphins
- The New York offense has lost one fumble this season while Miami has yet to lose any.
- Miami put up 24 passing touchdowns last season.
- New York produced 19 passing touchdowns last season.
- Miami created four rushing touchdowns last season.
- New York put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Dolphins logged 3.9 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.1 YPC to opponents.
- The Jets ran for 4.0 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.0 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Miami O-line yielded 33 sacks last season. Their defense created 30 sacks.
- Jets quarterbacks were sacked 47 times last season. Their defense got to opposing signal-callers 28 times.
- Neither team defense has sacked an opponent’s QB yet this year.