The UCF Knights and Mercer Bears will square off at CFE Federal Credit Union Arena to get their seasons underway. UCF opened as an 8-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 135.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Mercer Bears at UCF Knights Betting Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Mercer went 15-17 in the regular season while UCF finished 21-11.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. UCF ranked 315th in possessions per game (65.8) and Mercer was 344th (63.3) last season. Also, the Bears’ 51st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.0) will square off against the Knights’ fifth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 92.9).
The Bears were 15-17 straight up (SU) and 16-11-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. There did not appear to be a trend for games including Mercer last year in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
The Knights, meanwhile, owned records of 21-11 SU and 16-14-1 ATS last season. Of UCF’s 31 games that accepted bets last year, 16 finished under the O/U total.
Mercer Bears vs. UCF Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Knights rank fifth in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Bears rank 113th (36.7).
- Mercer ranks 286th in steals per game (4.2) while UCF ranks 288th (4.0).
- UCF ranks 77th in blocks per game (4.0) while Mercer ranks 245th (2.3).
- The Bears average 21.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. The Knights rank 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Mercer ranks 160th in assists per game (13.5) while UCF ranks 281st (11.1).