AAC foes will collide when the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (10-9, 3-4 AAC) challenge the Memphis Tigers (13-6, 4-2 AAC) at Donald Reynolds Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 139.5 points with Tulsa set as a 3.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Memphis Tigers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Preview
In the Tigers last contest, they won big over the Connecticut Huskies, 73-49. With 21 points and 11 rebounds, Jeremiah Martin had a good game for Memphis. Memphis dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 35.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.495). For those same stats, Connecticut had marks of 27.3 and 0.413, respectively.
The Golden Hurricane are trying to rebound after their 59-58 loss to the Temple Owls in their last game. Junior Etou led Tulsa in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-6 shooting. Temple had a turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 14.7). Tulsa, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.093 vs. 0.028).
Memphis does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 26th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.294), but Tulsa is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 24th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.177).
These teams have already met once this season. The Tigers won 76-67. Memphis 0.571 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Tulsa, who had a mark of 0.440. Martin was the games leading scorer with 28 points.
Memphis Tigers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 154th in assists per game (13.3) while the Golden Hurricane rank 178th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Tulsa ranks 45th in rebounds per game (38.7) while Memphis ranks 157th (35.4).
- The Golden Hurricane average 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 121st in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 226th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- Memphis ranks 65th in blocks per game (4.2) while Tulsa ranks 122nd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Golden Hurricane have been outscored by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Tulsa has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average).