The Memphis Grizzlies (8-19) will attempt to end a six-game road losing streak when they clash against the Washington Wizards (14-13) at Capital One Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Washington Wizards ATS Preview
The Grizzlies got blown out by the Miami Heat in their last game, 107-82. With 19 points on 5-for-14 shooting, Marc Gasol was the top scorer from either team. Miami was lights out from beyond the arc (14-27; 51.9 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, held the Heat to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.4 (below their season average of 18.7).
In the Wizards last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Brooklyn Nets, 103-98. Bradley Beal was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 11-for-33 shooting. Brooklyn did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (25-33; 75.8 percent). Washington, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 12.4).
Washington figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Wizards currently rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.511), while Memphis is 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.504).
Both of these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Memphis games have finished under 63.0 percent of the time, while 65.4 percent of games including Washington have finished under. The Wizards hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-13 SU and 14-12 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 8-19 SU and 9-17-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Wizards won the most recent contest 104-101. Washington had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.446). Memphis, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 vs. 30.0).
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Washington Wizards Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank first in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Grizzlies rank ninth (7.2).
- Washington averages 18.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Memphis ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3).
- Washington averages 10.3 fast break points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Memphis ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (13.4).
- Memphis is 4-6-1 ATS on the road, while Washington is 4-7 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Wizards 11 home games, while 5 of the Grizzlies 11 road games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Memphis is 6-4 and Washington is 11-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Wizards are 12-7 and the Grizzlies are 4-6.
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.3) while the Wizards rank 11th (21.7).
- Memphis ranks 13th in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while Washington ranks 28th (13.8).
- The Wizards rank 16th in rebounds per game (42.8) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (38.7).
- The Grizzlies rank 16th in points in the paint per game (42.9) while the Wizards rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.4).
- Memphis averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Washington ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Washington is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 5.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 94.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average).