The Memphis Grizzlies (18-33) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they clash against the Toronto Raptors (35-16) at Air Canada Centre. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208 points with Toronto opening as an 11.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 4, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
In the Grizzlies last contest, they lost a close one to the Detroit Pistons, 104-102. With 19 points on 6-for-21 shooting, Marc Gasol led Memphis in scoring. Detroit did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (27-37; 73.0 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, held the Pistons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.3 (below their season average of 22.7).
The Raptors will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Portland Trail Blazers in their last matchup, 130-105. Toronto was lifted by DeMar DeRozan, who was the games high scorer with 35 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.7 (above their season average of 23.5) and a turnover percentage of 5.3 (better than their season average of 11.8). For those same stats, Portland recorded marks of 13.8 and 10.3, respectively.
Toronto could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the NBA. The Raptors rank fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502), while Memphis is 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.505).
Of Memphis 51 games, 28 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Toronto’s 51 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raptors have a significant advantage. They are 35-16 SU and 27-24 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-33 SU and 23-26-2 ATS.
Jonas Valanciunas has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Toronto, averaging 18.4 points, 10.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 223 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 201. The Raptors won 116-107, covering as 5-point favorites. The Raptors played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.372 and a turnover percentage of 10.6. For those same stats, the Grizzlies were 0.195 and 14.9, respectively. DeRozan was a top performer in the victory, with 26 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
Memphis Grizzlies at Toronto Raptors Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Over
- The Raptors average 13.7 fast break points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Memphis ranks 12th (17.0).
- Toronto ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (31.8) while Memphis ranks 21st (26.8).
- On the road, Memphis is 11-11-1 ATS with 12 overs, 10 unders and 1 push.
- Toronto is 13-11 ATS at home with 12 overs and 12 unders.
- Toronto is 15-5 when they allow below 100 points, while Memphis is 11-9.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Raptors are 32-9 and the Grizzlies are 13-13.
- The Raptors rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.5) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (40.5).
- Toronto averages 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks second in the league. Memphis ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Grizzlies rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Raptors rank 28th (13.7).
- Memphis ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.9) while Toronto ranks 21st (45.7).
- Toronto is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average).