The Memphis Grizzlies (18-36), who are currently on a five-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they head to Chesapeake Energy Arena to challenge the Oklahoma City Thunder (31-25). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Preview
In the Grizzlies last contest, they were beaten by the Utah Jazz, 92-88. Memphis Marc Gasol finished with 20 points, six rebounds and five assists in the contest. Utah did a fantastic job of making free throws (28-33; 84.8 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, forced the Jazz into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above their season average of 13.1).
The Thunder are hoping for a better outcome after their 106-81 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest. Paul George was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-25 shooting. Los Angeles had a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 13.6). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.9 vs. 28.3).
Oklahoma City could own the offensive glass in this meeting. The Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 percent), while Memphis ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent). Ball security could be troublesome for the Grizzlies. They rank 23rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while the Thunder force the most turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 15.6 percent).
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. Games featuring Memphis have gone under 57.4 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Oklahoma City games have finished under. The Thunder hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (31-25 vs. 18-36), but the Grizzlies have been superior against the spread (ATS) (24-28-2 vs. 22-33-1).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Grizzlies, it’s been Dillon Brooks, who has averaged 12.2 points, while the Thunder have received solid contributions from George (30.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 203 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 197. The Thunder won 102-101, but were unable to cover as 5-point favorites. The Thunder dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.196 and a great turnover percentage of 8.6. The Grizzlies recorded marks of 0.114 and 12.0, respectively, for those same stats. Tyreke Evans played a big role with 29 points and 13 rebounds.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (9.3) while the Grizzlies rank 18th (7.4).
- Memphis ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.9) while Oklahoma City ranks ninth (42.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.0) while Memphis ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Oklahoma City is 26th in the league with 21.0 assists per game while Memphis is 27th with 20.9 assists per game.
- On the road, Memphis is 11-13-1 ATS with 12 overs, 12 unders and 1 push.
- Oklahoma City is 11-16-1 ATS at home with 16 unders and 12 overs.
- Memphis is 11-10 when they allow below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 17-5.
- The Thunder are 27-12 when they reach 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 13-13.
- The Thunder rank first in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while the Grizzlies rank 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Memphis ranks 23rd (11.0).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (40.4).
- The Grizzlies rank 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while the Thunder rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Memphis ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Thunder have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Oklahoma City has defeated opponents by an average of 3.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 91.8 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average).