The Memphis Grizzlies (7-5), the NBA’s top shooting defense, will meet the Milwaukee Bucks (6-6) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 203.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Milwaukee Bucks Free Preview
The Grizzlies were beaten by the Houston Rockets in their last outing, 111-96. Memphis’ Tyreke Evans had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Houston won the rebounding battle. The Rockets had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. five) and total rebounds (46 vs. 41).
In the Bucks’ last game, they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, 98-90. Milwaukee received a boost from Giannis Antetokounmpo, who was the game’s high scorer with 33 points on 12-for-19 shooting. Milwaukee’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Los Angeles. The Bucks had a rate of 10.1 (better than their season average of 13.7), while the Lakers posted a mark of 18.9 (above their season average of 15.2).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Milwaukee ranks 26th in possessions per game (98.1) and Memphis is 30th (97.3).
Of Memphis’ 12 games, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of Milwaukee’s 12 games have finished over the projected point total. The Grizzlies come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-5 SU and 6-6 ATS, while the Bucks are 6-6 SU and 5-5-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Grizzlies, it’s been Evans, who has averaged 23.6 points, 3.6 assists and 1.2 steals, while the Bucks have received solid contributions from Khris Middleton (20.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 1.2 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Grizzlies won 113-93. The Grizzlies played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4. The Bucks put up marks of 17.4 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 15th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Grizzlies rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Memphis ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while Milwaukee ranks seventh (41.2).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (19.2) while Milwaukee ranks 10th (21.6).
- Memphis ranks 27th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (38.7).
- Memphis is 3-3 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 2-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Grizzlies’ 6 road games, while 4 of the Bucks’ 6 home games have gone under.
- Milwaukee is 3-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Memphis is 5-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Grizzlies are 4-1 and the Bucks are 4-2.
- The Grizzlies rank second in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Bucks rank seventh (7.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while Memphis ranks 20th (30.2).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (5.9) while the Grizzlies rank 15th (10.9).
- The Grizzlies are 28th in the league with 8.2 second chance points per game while the Bucks are 29th with 7.3 second chance points per game.
- Memphis ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (12.1) while Milwaukee ranks ninth (16.3).
- Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (4.9 above their season average).