The Memphis Grizzlies (5-3), 14-point underdogs, will try to slow down the Golden State Warriors (9-1) at ORACLE Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 5, 2018.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
In their last game, the Warriors (10.5-point favorites) covered in a 116-99 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Grizzlies fell to the Phoenix Suns, 102-100, but did cover as 8.5-point underdogs. The Golden State game went 28.5 points under the projected point total of 243.5, while the Memphis game finished 0.5 points over the projected point total of 201.5.
Golden State played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 (above their season average of 23.9) and a free throw rate of 0.193 (below their season average of 0.206). For those same stats, Minnesota was 14.0 and 0.099, respectively. Memphis, on the other hand, forced Phoenix into a turnover percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 15.8). Kevin Durant played a pivotal role for Golden State with 33 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Shelvin Mack had a good outing for Memphis, finishing with 21 points.
The Warriors captured this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last game, Golden State won 141-128. Golden State did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-25; 92.0 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (6.3 vs. 9.4).
Of the Grizzlies’ seven games that accepted bets, four have gone under the total. Memphis comes into the contest with records of 5-3 straight up (SU) and 5-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Memphis, Warriors games tend to finish over the O/U total (60.0 percent). Further, Golden State owns records of 9-1 SU and 6-4 ATS.
Klay Thompson and Draymond Green have played well over the last five games for Golden State. Thompson has averaged 23.8 points and 1.2 steals, while Green has put up 10.2 assists, 10.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.0 steals a game during that span.
The productive offense of Golden State will clash against the mid-tier defense of Memphis. Since the 2017-18 season, the Warriors rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Grizzlies are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Warriors should have the edge on that side of the ball. ,
Grizzlies vs. Warriors Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Warriors average 8.0 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 19th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Golden State ranks sixth in rebounds per game (44.1) while Memphis ranks last (40.3).
- The Warriors rank second in fast break points per game (19.1) while the Grizzlies rank 18th (13.1).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Memphis ranks 15th (5.1).
- Golden State ranks 15th in second chance points per game (10.7) while Memphis ranks 26th (11.6).
- The Grizzlies rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (29.1) while the Warriors rank last (30.6).
- The Warriors rank 12th in points in the paint per game (43.8) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (42.3).
- Golden State averages 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Memphis ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (28.8) while Memphis ranks 22nd (21.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 24-7 and Memphis is 16-13.
- The Warriors are 79-17 when they score over 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 21-24.