The Cleveland Cavaliers (15-7) will attempt to lengthen their 10-game winning streak against the faltering Memphis Grizzlies (7-14) at Quicken Loans Arena. Cleveland is an 11.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208 points. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Odds Preview
The last time the Grizzlies played, they were beaten by the San Antonio Spurs, 95-79. Memphis Marc Gasol put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Getting to the charity stripe was one of San Antonio’s largest advantages. They made 32 trips to the line, while Memphis went 18 times.
The Cavaliers hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Atlanta Hawks in their last game, 121-114. Cleveland received a boost from LeBron James, who had 24 points, 12 assists and six rebounds. Cleveland played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 20.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.544). Atlanta put up marks of 22.2 and 0.595, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Cleveland offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Cavaliers rank fourth in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.230, while Memphis ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.236).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Memphis have finished under 65.0 percent of the time, while 59.1 percent of Cleveland games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Cavaliers have a substantial advantage. They are 15-7 SU and 8-13-1 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 7-14 SU and 6-13-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after splitting two games last season. The Grizzlies won the most recent game 93-85. Memphis won the rebounding battle. The Grizzlies had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (41 vs. 32) and total rebounds (55 vs. 39).
Memphis Grizzlies at Cleveland Cavaliers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Cavaliers rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (8.7).
- Memphis ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while Cleveland ranks 15th (17.2).
- Memphis ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.2) while Cleveland ranks 20th (9.1).
- Memphis ranks second in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Cleveland ranks ninth (7.6).
- Memphis is 3-5-1 ATS on the road with 4 overs, 4 unders and 1 push.
- Cleveland is 1-9-1 ATS at home with 6 overs and 5 unders.
- Cleveland is 6-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Memphis is 5-3.
- The Cavaliers are 15-5 when they reach the century mark, while the Grizzlies are 4-3.
- The Cavaliers rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while the Grizzlies rank 18th (27.4).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.1) while Cleveland ranks 27th (24.8).
- The Cavaliers rank second in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Grizzlies rank 23rd (5.4).
- The Cavaliers rank 17th in rebounds per game (42.9) while the Grizzlies rank 29th (39.4).
- Memphis ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.9) while Cleveland ranks 20th (46.0).
- Cleveland is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 0-4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Cavaliers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 89.6 points per game (8.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average).