The Memphis Grizzlies (11-25) and the Sacramento Kings (12-23), who both like to play slow, will battle at Golden 1 Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 194 points with Sacramento opening as a 3-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Memphis Grizzlies at Sacramento Kings Betting Preview,
In the Grizzlies last contest, they fell to the Golden State Warriors, 141-128. Memphis Tyreke Evans put together a solid performance, contributing 22 points and nine assists. Golden State did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (23-25; 92.0 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 13.2).
The Kings are hoping for a better outcome after their 111-101 loss to the Phoenix Suns in their last game. With 11 points and nine rebounds, Sacramento’s Willie Cauley-Stein played well. Phoenix had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.6 (above their season average of 24.1). Sacramento, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-23; 82.6 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Sacramento currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (96.4) and Memphis is 30th (95.2).
Of Memphis 35 games that accepted bets, 23 have finished under the projected point total, while 17 of Sacramento’s 35 games have finished over the O/U total. The Kings hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-23 SU and 15-17-3 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 11-25 SU and 11-22-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Grizzlies, it’s been Evans, who has averaged 24.0 points, 6.8 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 1.4 steals, while the Kings have received great contributions from Cauley-Stein (15.6 points and 8.4 rebounds).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Kings won 91-90. Sacramento’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Memphis. The Kings had a rate of 0.507 while the Grizzlies posted a mark of 0.372.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (27.7) while the Kings rank 26th (31.2).
- Sacramento ranks 28th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Memphis ranks 29th (39.5).
- Memphis ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while Sacramento ranks 27th (14.6).
- On the road, Memphis is 6-9-1 ATS with 9 unders, 6 overs and 1 push.
- Sacramento is 8-7 ATS at home with 8 unders and 7 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Memphis is 8-8 and Sacramento is 7-2.
- The Kings are 8-5 when they reach 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 6-7.
- The Grizzlies rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (40.6) while the Kings rank 10th (42.2).
- Memphis ranks eighth in fast break points per game (13.4) while Sacramento ranks 26th (8.8).
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while the Kings rank 23rd (24.1).
- Sacramento ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Memphis ranks 25th (5.3).
- Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (10.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.6 points per game (7.3 above their season average).