The Memphis Grizzlies (21-55), 14.5-point underdogs, will travel to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to go head-to-head with the Portland Trail Blazers (47-29). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Trail Blazers defeated the Los Angeles Clippers, 105-96, while the Grizzlies fell to the Utah Jazz, 107-97.
The Trail Blazers had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 23.3) and held the Clippers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below their season average of 0.530). Memphis, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 14.9). Portland received a boost from Jusuf Nurkic, who put up 21 points and 12 rebounds. Marc Gasol, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Memphis with 28 points.
Portland could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the NBA’s worst offenses. The Trail Blazers rank fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while Memphis is 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.498).
A little over half of the Grizzlies games have finished under the total. Memphis holds records of 21-55 straight up (SU) and 32-41-3 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Trail Blazers have typically finished under the total (56.6 percent). Further, Portland is 47-29 SU and 42-27-7 ATS.
Nurkic has taken his game to another level recently for Portland, averaging 16.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.8 blocks and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
In three contests against each other this year, the Grizzlies have won two. The two teams combined to score 211 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 200.5. Memphis won 108-103, covering as a 5.5-point underdog. The Grizzlies 26.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Trail Blazers, who had a mark of 18.6. Despite the loss, CJ McCollum was the games leading scorer with 42 points.
Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while the Trail Blazers rank sixth (42.2).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while Memphis ranks 29th (40.6).
- The Trail Blazers average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Grizzlies rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Memphis ranks 22nd in steals per game (7.4) while Portland ranks 27th (6.9).
- Memphis ranks 25th in assists per game (21.4) while Portland ranks 29th (19.5).
- The Grizzlies rank 11th in points off turnovers per game (16.8) while the Trail Blazers rank last (14.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while the Grizzlies rank 10th (28.5).
- Portland averages 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Memphis ranks eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.5).
- Memphis ranks 11th in fast break points per game (13.0) while Portland ranks last (8.0).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Memphis is 13-11 and Portland is 24-5.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 42-16 and the Grizzlies are 16-22.
- Memphis is 16-19-2 ATS on the road, while Portland is 21-14-4 ATS at home.
- In 37 road games, the Grizzlies have 20 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- In 39 home games, the Trail Blazers have 21 unders and 18 overs.
- In their last five games, Memphis and Portland are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Grizzlies have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers have 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (0.2 above their season average).