The Philadelphia 76ers (39-30) welcome the Memphis Grizzlies (19-51) to Wells Fargo Center. The Grizzlies can end a 15-game road losing streak. The game will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Philadelphia 76ers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the 76ers defeated the Charlotte Hornets, 108-94, while the Grizzlies lost a tough one against the Brooklyn Nets, 118-115.
The 76ers had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 25.7) and held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.412 (below their season average of 0.504). Memphis, on the other hand, forced Brooklyn into a turnover percentage of 19.7 (above their season average of 12.8). Ben Simmons put together an excellent game for Philadelphia, racking up 11 points, 15 assists and 12 rebounds on his way to his eighth triple-double this year. Meanwhile, JaMychal Green played a key role for Memphis with 14 points and 16 rebounds.
Philadelphia could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the NBA. The 76ers rank second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.495), while Memphis is 29th in effective field goal percentage (0.499).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Grizzlies are involved, as 39 of their 70 games have gone under the total. Memphis comes into the game with records of 19-51 straight up (SU) and 29-38-3 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Memphis, just over half of 76ers games have finished under the O/U total. Additionally, Philadelphia is 39-30 SU and 38-31 ATS.
The Grizzlies’ Dillon Brooks has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 18.0 points per game. Meanwhile, Simmons has averaged 13.0 points, 9.6 assists, 9.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals during that same time frame for the 76ers.
In their first matchup this season, Tyreke Evans led the Grizzlies to a 105-101 victory. He put up 18 points and eight assists. The two teams combined to score 206 points, which was just over the projected point total of 202, and Memphis covered as a 2.5-point underdog. The Grizzlies’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the 76ers. Memphis had a rate of 11.4, while Philadelphia posted a mark of 21.4.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies lead the NBA with 41.3 points allowed in the paint per game while the 76ers are second with 41.5 points allowed in the paint per game.
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.8) while Memphis ranks 26th (40.7).
- The Grizzlies average 16.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The 76ers rank last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.1).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Memphis ranks 22nd (11.4).
- Memphis ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.0) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (8.8).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (26.0) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (21.4).
- The Grizzlies average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The 76ers rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Philadelphia ranks sixth in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while Memphis ranks 26th (14.1).
- When allowing under 100 points, Philadelphia is 17-0 and Memphis is 12-11.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Grizzlies are 14-21 and the 76ers are 36-18.
- Philadelphia is 21-11 ATS at home, while Memphis is 14-17-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 18 of the 76ers’ 32 home games, while 17 of the Grizzlies’ 33 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Memphis and Philadelphia are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Grizzlies have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the 76ers have 3 unders and 2 overs
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).