The Memphis Grizzlies (18-43), who are currently on a 12-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they travel to Amway Center to square off with the Orlando Magic (19-43). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Memphis Grizzlies at Orlando Magic Odds Preview
In the Grizzlies last matchup, they fell to the Denver Nuggets, 108-102. Memphis Marc Gasol put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Denver did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (22-26; 84.6 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.4 (above their season average of 22.0).
The Magic come in on a high note after beating the Detroit Pistons in their last contest, 115-106. Orlando received a boost from Aaron Gordon, who was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting. The Magic, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.522, had a solid mark of 0.587, while the Pistons had a free throw rate of 0.152 (below the 0.191 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. Memphis games have finished under 55.0 percent of the time, while 55.7 percent of Orlando games have finished under. Both teams have dreadful straight up (SU) records (18-43 for Memphis; 19-43 for Orlando), but the Magic hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Orlando is 28-32-1 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 25-33-2.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 200 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 206. The Magic won 101-99, covering as 3-point underdogs. The Magic played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 and a free throw rate of 0.160. The Grizzlies recorded marks of 13.5 and 0.134, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Tyreke Evans was the games leading scorer with 32 points.
Memphis Grizzlies at Orlando Magic ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic average 13.0 fast break points per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- Memphis ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (11.3) while Orlando ranks 26th (10.6).
- Memphis averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Orlando is 11-18 ATS at home, while Memphis is 12-15-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 18 of the Magic’s 29 home games, while 15 of the Grizzlies 28 road games have gone over.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Orlando is 9-3 and Memphis is 11-10.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Grizzlies are 13-16 and the Magic are 19-26.
- The Grizzlies average 16.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Magic rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Memphis ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.2) while Orlando ranks last (49.3).
- The Magic rank seventh in assists per game (23.7) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (21.2).
- Memphis ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while Orlando ranks 26th (45.4).
- Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 96.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.8 points per game (7.3 above their season average).