The Memphis Grizzlies (19-54) and the Minnesota Timberwolves (42-32) clash at Target Center. The Grizzlies can snap a 17-game road losing streak. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, March 26, 2018, and will air on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Timberwolves fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 120-108, while the Grizzlies were defeated by the Los Angeles Lakers, 100-93.
Memphis did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-22; 81.8 percent) while Minnesota held Philadelphia to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 25.6). Minnesota rallied around Gorgui Dieng, who recorded 15 points and 11 rebounds. JaMychal Green, meanwhile fueled Memphis with 17 points and 16 rebounds.
Minnesota could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Timberwolves rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Memphis ranks 21st in defensive efficiency.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Grizzlies games, with 40 unders compared to 32 overs. Memphis heads into the contest with records of 19-54 straight up (SU) and 29-41-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Timberwolves’ 74 games, 42 have finished over the total. Additionally, Minnesota owns records of 42-32 SU and 33-38-3 ATS.
Andrew Wiggins has taken his game to another level as of late for Minnesota, averaging 20.4 points and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
In their first matchup this year, Marc Gasol led the Grizzlies to a 95-92 win. He produced 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Memphis covered as a 2.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 187 points, which was under the projected point total of 201. Memphis’ free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Minnesota. The Grizzlies had a rate of 0.292, while the Timberwolves posted a mark of 0.228.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Over
- The Timberwolves rank 18th in assists per game (22.6) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (21.3).
- Minnesota ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (49.0) while Memphis ranks 24th (42.1).
- The Grizzlies rank 11th in fast break points per game (13.1) while the Timberwolves rank 26th (9.5).
- Minnesota ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while Memphis ranks 25th (5.2).
- Minnesota ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while Memphis ranks 12th (42.5).
- The Timberwolves rank second in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (8.0).
- The Timberwolves average 17.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Grizzlies rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Memphis ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Minnesota ranks last (22.3).
- Minnesota ranks fourth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Memphis ranks 20th (11.5).
- Minnesota is 16-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Memphis is 12-11.
- When reaching 100 points, the Grizzlies are 14-22 and the Timberwolves are 40-22.
- Memphis is 14-19-2 ATS on the road, while Minnesota is 18-17-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Grizzlies’ 35 road games, while 21 of the Timberwolves’ 36 home games have gone over.
- The Grizzlies are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Timberwolves are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Memphis has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Minnesota has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Timberwolves have scored an average of 112.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (8.1 above their season average).