The Indiana Pacers (28-23) will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse when they meet the Memphis Grizzlies (18-31). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 205 points with Indiana opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Grizzlies defeated the Phoenix Suns in their last matchup, 120-109. Tyreke Evans was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Memphis effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Phoenix. The Grizzlies had a rate of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.502), while the Suns posted a mark of 0.506.
In the Pacers last matchup, they topped the Charlotte Hornets, 105-96. Indiana received a boost from Victor Oladipo, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 11-for-15 shooting. The Pacers forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.534).
The high-powered offense of Indiana will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Memphis. The Pacers currently rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Grizzlies are 17th in defensive efficiency. The Pacers should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Games including these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Memphis games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while 56.9 percent of Indiana games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pacers have a sizable advantage. They are 28-23 SU and 28-23 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-31 SU and 21-26-2 ATS.
Thaddeus Young has really been playing well over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 15.2 points and 2.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 229 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 203.5. The Pacers won 116-113, covering as 3-point underdogs. The Pacers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 and a free throw rate of 0.212. For those same stats, the Grizzlies recorded marks of 12.8 and 0.198, respectively. Marc Gasol had a double-double in the loss with 35 points and 13 rebounds.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Indiana Pacers Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.5) while the Pacers rank 25th (30.9).
- Indiana ranks 21st in rebounds per game (41.7) while Memphis ranks 27th (40.3).
- Indiana ranks 16th in assists per game (22.5) while Memphis ranks 25th (21.0).
- Indiana is 15-12 ATS at home, while Memphis is 9-11-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Grizzlies 21 road games, they have 10 overs, 10 unders and 1 push.
- The Pacers have 16 unders, 10 overs and 1 push in 27 home games.
- Memphis is 11-9 when they allow below 100 points, while Indiana is 16-2.
- The Grizzlies are 13-11 when they score above 100 points, while the Pacers are 24-10.
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while the Grizzlies rank 11th (15.5).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Memphis ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Grizzlies rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while the Pacers rank 23rd (46.1).
- The Pacers rank third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Grizzlies rank sixth (7.1).
- Memphis ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.3) while Indiana ranks 24th (4.1).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 102.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (5.1 above their season average).