The Golden State Warriors (28-8), the leagues top scoring team, will square off against the Memphis Grizzlies (11-24) at ORACLE Arena. Golden State is a 13-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 206 points. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Golden State Warriors Odds Preview
In the Grizzlies last outing, they beat the Los Angeles Lakers, 109-99. Tyreke Evans was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Grizzlies knocked down 34 of their 39 free throws (87.2 percent) and held the Lakers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.419 (below their season average of 0.503).
The Warriors are hoping for a better outcome after their 111-100 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup. With eight points, 16 assists and 11 rebounds, Golden State’s Draymond Green had a solid performance. Charlotte had a free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.237). Golden State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.506 vs. 0.494).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Golden State figures to have a significant advantage. The Warriors defense ranks first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.485), while the Memphis offense is ranked 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.497).
Of Memphis 35 games, 23 have finished under the O/U total, while 18 of Golden State’s 35 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Warriors have a significant advantage. They are 28-8 SU and 17-18 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 11-24 SU and 11-22-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Grizzlies, it’s been Evans, who has averaged 22.6 points, 6.4 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals, while the Warriors have gotten great contributions from Green (10.2 points, 9.0 assists, 8.4 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.8 blocks).
These two teams have met twice already this season, each winning once. Klay Thompson scored a game-high 29 points in the most recent game, in which the Warriors beat the Grizzlies 97-84, covering as 9.5-point favorites. He also put up five assists. The two teams combined for 181 points, which was 23 points below the projected point total of 204 points. The Warriors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.297 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.507. The Grizzlies recorded marks of 0.190 and 0.405, respectively, for those same stats.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank seventh in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Grizzlies rank 29th (39.6).
- Memphis ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (40.5) while Golden State ranks 18th (44.9).
- Memphis ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Golden State ranks 28th (9.0).
- Golden State averages 29.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Memphis ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (27.5).
- Golden State is 9-9 ATS at home, while Memphis is 6-9-1 ATS on the road.
- The Grizzlies have 9 unders, 6 overs and 1 push in 16 road games.
- Of the Warriors 18 home games, they have 10 unders and 8 overs.
- Memphis is 8-8 when they allow below 100 points, while Golden State is 10-2.
- The Warriors are 25-5 when they score more than 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 6-6.
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3) while the Warriors rank 28th (18.9).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (30.3) while Memphis ranks 28th (20.5).
- The Warriors average 8.5 blocks per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Grizzlies rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.0) while the Warriors rank 25th (13.7).
- Golden State averages 21.9 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the league. Memphis ranks 24th in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- Golden State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 100.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.8 points per game (0.4 below their season average).