The Memphis Grizzlies (18-47), who are currently on a 16-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they head to American Airlines Center to challenge the Dallas Mavericks (20-45). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 205.5 points with Dallas set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
In the Grizzlies last outing, they were beaten by the Utah Jazz, 95-78. Marc Gasol put together a good game for Memphis, putting up nine points, 11 rebounds and six assists. Utah did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, forced the Jazz into a turnover percentage of 16.9 (above their season average of 13.2).
The Mavericks will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Denver Nuggets in their last outing, 118-107. Dallas received a boost from Dennis Smith Jr. who finished with 18 points, 11 assists and five rebounds. Dallas effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Denver. The Mavericks had a rate of 0.561 (above their season average of 0.515), while the Nuggets posted a mark of 0.473 (below their season average of 0.534).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the leagues slowest-paced teams battle. Dallas currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (97.7) and Memphis is 30th (96.5).
Of Memphis 64 games with betting action, 36 have finished under the O/U total, while 34 of Dallas 65 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Mavericks have a significant advantage. They are 20-45 SU and 33-32 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-47 SU and 27-34-3 ATS.
Dwight Powell has been excellent as of late for Dallas, averaging 10.4 points and 10.2 rebounds over the last five games.
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Mavericks leading the series two games to one. Tyreke Evans put up 18 points, nine rebounds and seven assists in the most recent matchup, in which the Grizzlies lost 95-94, unable to cover as 6-point favorites. The two teams combined to score 189 points, which was 10 points below the projected point total of 199 points. The Mavericks turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Grizzlies. Dallas had a rate of 7.5, while Memphis posted a mark of 16.3.
Memphis Grizzlies at Dallas Mavericks Betting Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (17.3).
- Memphis ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (11.1) while Dallas ranks last (10.2).
- Memphis ranks 11th in fast break points per game (13.3) while Dallas ranks 27th in fast break points allowed per game (14.4).
- On the road, Memphis is 13-16-2 ATS with 16 overs, 14 unders and 1 push.
- Dallas is 16-18 ATS at home with 17 unders, 16 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Dallas is 13-11 and Memphis is 11-11.
- The Grizzlies are 13-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Mavericks are 14-22.
- The Mavericks rank 16th in assists per game (22.6) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (21.3).
- Dallas ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while Memphis ranks 24th (26.2).
- The Grizzlies rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while the Mavericks rank 27th (45.5).
- The Grizzlies rank 24th in points in the paint per game (41.9) while the Mavericks rank last (38.4).
- Memphis ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.0) while Dallas ranks 28th (3.8).
- Dallas is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Mavericks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 97.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).