The Memphis Grizzlies (18-45), who are currently riding a 14-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to United Center to take on the Chicago Bulls (21-42). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Chicago Bulls Betting Preview
The Grizzlies lost a tough one against the San Antonio Spurs in their last matchup, 100-98. With 23 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Marc Gasol led Memphis in scoring. San Antonio did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (24-31; 77.4 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, held the Spurs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 23.6).
In the Bulls’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Boston Celtics, 105-89. Denzel Valentine led Chicago in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Boston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 21.0). Chicago, meanwhile, forced the Celtics into a turnover percentage of 16.8 (above their season average of 12.1).
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Bulls (ranked seventh in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Grizzlies (30th in possessions per game).
Of Memphis’ 63 games, 36 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Chicago’s 63 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulls have a substantial advantage. They are 21-42 SU and 31-29-3 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-45 SU and 27-33-3 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting two games last season. The Grizzlies won the last matchup 98-91. The Grizzlies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.176 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.1. For those same stats, the Bulls were 0.132 and 26.9, respectively.
Memphis Grizzlies at Chicago Bulls Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Bulls rank 26th (3.8).
- Memphis ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.5) while Chicago ranks 25th (14.6).
- Memphis ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Chicago ranks 16th (44.8).
- On the road, Memphis is 13-15-2 ATS with 15 overs, 14 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Chicago is 16-14-2 ATS with 18 unders and 14 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Memphis is 11-10 and Chicago is 6-5.
- The Grizzlies are 13-17 when they reach the century mark, while the Bulls are 19-20.
- The Bulls rank third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Grizzlies rank 17th (7.9).
- Memphis ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (21.2) while Chicago ranks 28th (25.4).
- The Bulls rank seventh in rebounds per game (44.8) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (40.7).
- The Bulls rank 14th in fast break points allowed per game (11.6) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (13.9).
- Memphis ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.7) while Chicago ranks 28th (31.5).
- Chicago is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 100.0 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).