It will be a clash between two tremendous defenses when the Orlando Magic (34-38), 6.5-point favorites, take on the Memphis Grizzlies (29-42) at Amway Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Orlando Magic ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Magic (9.5-point favorites) defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 119-96, while the Grizzlies (5.5-point underdog) beat the Houston Rockets 126-125. The Orlando game finished 9 points under the projected point total of 224, while the Memphis game went 36 points over the projected point total of 215.
The Grizzlies made 31 of their 39 free throws (79.5 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.9 (above their season average of 18.9). Orlando, on the other hand, played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 21.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (above their season average of 0.513). New Orleans put up marks of 23.7 and 0.422, respectively, for those same stats. Nikola Vucevic played well for Orlando, finishing with 15 points and 17 rebounds. Memphis received a boost from Jonas Valanciunas, who finished with 33 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Conley led the Grizzlies to a 105-97 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 26 points. The two teams combined to put up 202 points, which was under the projected point total of 209.5, and Memphis covered as a 2-point favorite. Memphis made good use of their 31 trips to the charity stripe, making 28 of them (90.3 percent). Orlando, meanwhile, was 23-27 (85.2 percent).
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Grizzlies are playing, as 41 of their 71 games have finished under the O/U total. Memphis holds records of 29-42 straight up (SU) and 33-37-1 against the spread (ATS).
Magic games also have typically gone under the total (58.3 percent). Additionally, Orlando owns records of 34-38 SU and 37-32-3 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams battle. Orlando currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (100.1) and Memphis is 30th (98.5). Additionally, put-back points could be tough to come by for the Grizzlies. They rank 30th in the league in offensive rebounding percentage at 19.2 percent, while the Magic are third-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 79.4 percent).
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Orlando Magic Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 24th in second chance points per game (12.4) while the Grizzlies rank last (10.6).
- Memphis ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while Orlando ranks 27th (14.9).
- The Magic rank 14th in rebounds per game (45.3) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (41.0).
- Orlando ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (31.8) while Memphis ranks 26th (28.0).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Memphis ranks 11th (4.8).
- The Magic rank eighth in fast break points allowed per game (12.7) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (16.0).
- The Grizzlies rank 20th in points in the paint per game (46.4) while the Magic rank 28th (42.8).
- Orlando ranks second in assists allowed per game (22.9) while Memphis ranks fourth (23.0).
- Memphis ranks 10th in steals per game (8.3) while Orlando ranks 28th (6.6).
- Memphis is 15-7 when they allow less than 100 points, while Orlando is 17-3.
- The Magic are 30-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 20-18.
- Memphis is 13-21-1 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 18-16-1 ATS at home.
- In 35 road games, the Grizzlies have 22 unders and 13 overs.
- The Magic have 18 unders and 17 overs in 35 home games.
- In their last five games, Memphis and Orlando are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Grizzlies have 4 overs and 1 under over their last five games, while the Magic have 5 unders
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 116.8 points per game (14.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.6 points per game (13.7 above their season average).
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.