The McNeese State Cowboys (9-14, 5-7 SthLnd) head to Central Arkansas to play the Bears (13-12, 7-5 SthLnd) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Central Arkansas Bears Free Preview
The Cowboys lost to the Southeastern Louisiana Lions in their last matchup, 74-67. With 20 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Quatarrius Wilson was the top scorer from either team. Southeastern Louisiana did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (13-15; 86.7 percent). McNeese State, meanwhile, held the Lions to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 32.7).
In the Bears last matchup, they blew out the Houston Baptist Huskies, 100-80. Central Arkansas Hayden Koval played a huge role in the victory, racking up 17 points, 11 blocks and 10 rebounds on his way to his zeroth triple-double this year. Central Arkansas played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.261) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.530). For those same stats, Houston Baptist recorded marks of 0.138 and 0.431, respectively.
There could be plenty of transition offense in this meeting that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Central Arkansas ranks eighth in possessions per game (76.4) and McNeese State is 47th (72.8).
Jordan Howard has really been playing well over the last five games for Central Arkansas, averaging 29.8 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Cowboys won the only contest played against each other last season, 82-72. The Cowboys played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.9 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0. For those same stats, the Bears recorded marks of 11.9 and 22.9, respectively.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Central Arkansas Bears Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. The Cowboys rank 135th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Central Arkansas averages 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 100th in the nation. McNeese State ranks 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).
- McNeese State ranks 23rd in rebounds per game (39.4) while Central Arkansas ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- The Bears rank 15th in assists per game (17.3) while the Cowboys rank 251st (11.2).
- Central Arkansas averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. McNeese State ranks 67th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average).