The Northwestern State Demons (3-18, 0-10 SthLnd), who are currently riding a 13-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the McNeese State Cowboys (8-12, 4-5 SthLnd) to Prather Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Northwestern State Demons Free Preview
In the Cowboys last matchup, they were beaten by the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 67-57. Kalob Ledoux had a good performance for McNeese State, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Sam Houston State had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.222). McNeese State, meanwhile, forced the Bearkats into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above their season average of 15.6).
The Demons are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-64 loss to the New Orleans Privateers in their last game. Ishmael Lane led Northwestern State in scoring with 20 points on 10-for-17 shooting. New Orleans had a free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.262). Northwestern State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.3 (above their season average of 31.9).
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Northwestern State in this showdown. The Demons rank 82nd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 percent), while McNeese State ranks 274th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent).
Ledoux has been playing at a high level over the last five games for McNeese State, averaging 18.0 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Cowboys won 72-63. McNeese State did an excellent job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent). Northwestern State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 18.5). Ledoux was the games top overall scorer with 19 points.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Northwestern State Demons Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Northwestern State, ATS Winner – Northwestern State, O/U – Over
- The Cowboys rank 132nd in assists allowed per game (13.3) while the Demons rank 232nd (15.8).
- McNeese State ranks 196th in steals per game (5.2) while Northwestern State ranks 204th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- McNeese State averages 39.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 28th in the NCAA. Northwestern State ranks 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Cowboys average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. The Demons rank 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- McNeese State ranks 176th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Northwestern State ranks 278th (16.5).
- The Demons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.2, up from 14.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average).