The McNeese State Cowboys (3-5) can end a five-game road losing streak when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles (4-8) at McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
McNeese State Cowboys at North Carolina Central Eagles Betting Preview
In the Cowboys last matchup, they lost big to the North Texas Mean Green, 85-47. McNeese State’s Stephen Ugochukwu had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting. North Texas rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Mean Green had 12 offensive rebounds and 42 total rebounds, while the Cowboys had five and 26, respectively.
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 64-59 loss to the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last contest. Raasean Davis led North Carolina Central in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting. Grand Canyon had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 18.6). North Carolina Central, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Cowboys will look to push the more grind-it-out Eagles. Since last season, the Cowboys rank 79th in possessions per game while the Eagles are 185th.
The Eagles won the lone contest against the Cowboys last season, 74-66. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.5 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. The Cowboys had marks of 23.2 and 27.0, respectively, for those same stats.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. North Carolina Central Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cowboys rank 177th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while the Eagles rank 249th (21.0).
- North Carolina Central ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while McNeese State ranks 80th (3.2).
- North Carolina Central ranks 37th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while McNeese State ranks 252nd (40.0).
- The Eagles rank 84th in assists per game (14.4) while the Cowboys rank 234th (10.8).
- North Carolina Central ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while McNeese State ranks 124th (6.5).