The Massachusetts Minutemen (7-8, 0-2 A10) will attempt to snap a six-game road losing streak when they take on the Dayton Flyers (7-7, 1-1 A10) at University of Dayton Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Massachusetts Minutemen at Dayton Flyers ATS Preview
In the Minutemen’s last contest, they were beaten by the George Mason Patriots, 80-72. Massachusetts Rashaan Holloway had 13 points, 10 rebounds and six blocks in the game. George Mason had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.0). Massachusetts, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 18.5).
The Flyers will look to maintain momentum after defeating the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in their last contest, 82-72. With 28 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Darrell Davis was the top scorer from either team. The Flyers knocked down 27 of their 34 free throws (79.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.529).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Dayton currently ranks 284th in possessions per game (68.1) and Massachusetts is 260th (68.7).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Minutemen won the lone contest last season, 67-55. The Minutemen played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.459. For those same stats, the Flyers were 17.1 and 0.368, respectively.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Dayton Flyers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Under
- The Flyers average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 129th in the NCAA. The Minutemen rank 141st in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Massachusetts ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Dayton ranks 156th (22.8).
- The Minutemen average 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 66th in the NCAA. The Flyers rank 152nd in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- Massachusetts ranks 174th in rebounds per game (34.9) while Dayton ranks 247th (32.1).
- The Flyers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Minutemen have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).