The New Hampshire Wildcats (10-19, 6-9 AmEast) and Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (11-17, 5-10 AmEast) will square off at Lundholm Gym to bring the regular season to an end. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Odds Preview
In the River Hawks’ last outing, they lost to the UMBC Retrievers, 83-75. With 21 points on 8-for-21 shooting, Jahad Thomas was Massachusetts-Lowell’s leading scorer. UMBC held the River Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.454 (below their season average of 0.524). Massachusetts-Lowell, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.246 vs. 0.132).
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 65-56 loss to the Hartford Hawks in their last outing. With 11 points and six rebounds, Jacoby Armstrong had a good game for New Hampshire. Hartford had a free throw rate of 0.378 (above their season average of 0.201). New Hampshire, meanwhile, held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 26.4).
Second-chance opportunities might be few and far between for Massachusetts-Lowell in this matchup. The River Hawks currently rank 253rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), while New Hampshire ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (79.4 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 74-62. New Hampshire out-rebounded Massachusetts-Lowell. The Wildcats had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 21) and total rebounds (44 vs. 28). Tanner Leissner recorded a double-double with 26 points and 12 rebounds.
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
- The River Hawks rank 34th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Wildcats rank 105th (20.9).
- New Hampshire ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 94th (3.3).
- New Hampshire ranks 36th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 269th (32.0).
- The River Hawks rank 57th in steals per game (7.1) while the Wildcats rank 246th (3.6).
- New Hampshire ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.4) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 176th (14.0).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. For the season, New Hampshire has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the River Hawks have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).