The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (6-8, 0-1 AmEast) can put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they meet the Hartford Hawks (8-8, 1-1 AmEast) at Chase Family Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks vs. Hartford Hawks Odds Preview
The River Hawks were beaten by the Vermont Catamounts in their last matchup, 88-77. Massachusetts-Lowell’s Jahad Thomas had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 30 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Vermont had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.1 (above their season average of 26.3). Massachusetts-Lowell, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.8).
In the Hawks last game, they were topped by the Stony Brook Seawolves, 63-61. With 14 points and six rebounds, Hartford’s J.R. Lynch had a good game. Stony Brook did a great job of making free throws (10-12; 83.3 percent). Hartford, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.571 vs. 0.473).
It could be an error-filled game for the Hartford offense. Hartford ranks 196th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of Massachusetts-Lowell forces the 85th-most turnovers in the nation (21.3 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Hawks won the last contest 87-84. Hartford made 13 of its 32 three pointers (40.6 percent). Massachusetts-Lowell, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 21.9).
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks vs. Hartford Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, ATS Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, O/U – Under
- The River Hawks rank 65th in steals per game (7.1) while the Hawks rank 93rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Massachusetts-Lowell averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. Hartford ranks 112th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Hartford ranks 104th (21.4).
- The Hawks rank 49th in blocks per game (4.5) while the River Hawks rank 113th (3.2).
- Hartford ranks 206th in rebounds per game (33.5) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 238th (32.4).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Hartford has been defeated by an average of 1.9 points.
- During their last five games, the River Hawks have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 83.4 points per game (4.8 above their season average).