The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (4-3) visit Brown to take on the Bears (4-5) in what should be a fast-paced game. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks vs. Brown Bears Betting Preview
In the River Hawks last contest, they got blown out by the Wagner Seahawks, 90-72. Jahad Thomas put together a solid performance for Massachusetts-Lowell, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Wagner held the River Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 27.7). Massachusetts-Lowell, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (24-30; 80.0 percent).
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-72 loss to the Providence Friars in their last game. Desmond Cambridge led Brown in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Providence forced the Bears into a turnover percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 17.6). Brown, meanwhile, held the Friars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.432 (below their season average of 0.575).
There could be plenty of transition offense in this battle that features a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-breaking teams. Brown ranks 20th in possessions per game (72.2) and Massachusetts-Lowell is 40th (73.6) since the 2016-17 season. Furthermore, the River Hawks 56th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.540) will square off against the Bears 268th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.556).
Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks at Brown Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, ATS Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The River Hawks rank 51st in assists per game (15.6) while the Bears rank 203rd in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Brown ranks 78th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- Brown ranks 46th in rebounds per game (32.8) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 240th (34.2).
- The River Hawks rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bears rank 238th (4.4).
- Brown ranks 94th in steals per game (7.4) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (8.3).