The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (1-10) travel to Winthrop Coliseum to take on the Winthrop Eagles (5-4). The Hawks will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game begins at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Winthrop Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Eagles fell to the Vanderbilt Commodores, 92-79, while the Hawks were defeated by the Georgetown Hoyas, 68-53.
Maryland Eastern Shore had a better turnover percentage (19.3 vs. 23.9) while Winthrop had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 15.2). Winthrop’s Nych Smith played well, finishing with 21 points and five rebounds. Maryland Eastern Shore received a boost from Bryan Urrutia, who contributed 13 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this matchup. Winthrop ranks 41st in possessions per game (74.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore is 311th (67.2) since last season.
Maryland Eastern Shore at Winthrop Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Winthrop, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Winthrop ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Eagles rank 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Hawks rank 179th (1.8).
- Maryland Eastern Shore averages 5.4 steals per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. Winthrop ranks 138th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Eagles rank 45th in assists per game (15.6) while the Hawks rank 223rd (10.6).
- Winthrop ranks 90th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 244th (32.1).