The Morgan State Bears (4-9), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (4-11) to Hill Field House. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Morgan State Bears Betting Preview
The Hawks were victorious over the Central Pennsylvania College Knights in their last outing, 74-69. Cameron Bacote was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-16 shooting. The Hawks forced 22 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.404).
In the Bears last matchup, they were beaten by the CSUN Matadors, 79-69. Tiwian Kendley was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-17 shooting. CSUN did a great job of getting and making free throws (21-30; 70.0 percent). Morgan State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.1 (above their season average of 35.1).
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Morgan State in this meeting. The Bears currently rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (36.5 percent), while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 324th in defensive rebounding percentage (62.1 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Hawks won the lone contest last season, 67-66. Maryland Eastern Shore’s 0.628 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Morgan State, who had a rate of 0.424.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Morgan State Bears ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 66th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 118th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Morgan State ranks 272nd (14.0).
- The Bears rank 105th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Hawks rank 239th in rebounds allowed per game (40.7).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 201st in assists per game (9.9) while Morgan State ranks 240th (10.1).
- The Bears average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 51.2 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average).