The Jackson State Tigers (1-3) and the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (1-3) square off in the Emerald Coast Classic at The Arena at NW Florida St. Action begins at 2:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Jackson State Tigers Odds Preview
The Hawks were blown out by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies in their last game, 96-48. Maryland Eastern Shores Ahmad Frost had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting. St. Bonaventures 13.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Maryland Eastern Shore, who had a mark of 30.0. The Bonnies mark was better than their season average of 15.4, while the Hawks was above their season average of 12.8.
In the Tigers last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Maryland Terrapins, 76-45. Jeremiah Jefferson led Jackson State in scoring with 11 points on 3-for-14 shooting. Maryland had a much better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.050). Jackson State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 19.9).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Jackson State in this meeting. The Tigers rank 37th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 336th in defensive rebounding percentage (65.9 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Jackson State Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, ATS Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Hawks rank 82nd (5.7).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 234th in blocks per game (2.6) while Jackson State ranks 237th (2.6).
- Jackson State ranks 73rd in assists allowed per game (12.0) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 275th (15.1).
- The Tigers rank 137th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Hawks rank 310th (39.0).
- Jackson State ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 190th (21.7).