The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (3-9) will try to snap the eight-game winning streak of Iowa State when they head to James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on the Cyclones (8-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Iowa State Cyclones Odds Preview
The Hawks lost big to the Creighton Bluejays in their last matchup, 87-36. Maryland Eastern Shore’s Cameron Bacote contributed 12 points in the game. Creighton’s 5.5 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Maryland Eastern Shore, who had a rate of 19.7. The Bluejays mark was better than their season average of 13.8, while the Hawks was above the 13.7 mark opponents have averaged against Creighton this season.
In the Cyclones last matchup, they defeated the UNI Panthers, 76-65. With 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Lindell Wigginton was the games high scorer. Iowa State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.225) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (below their season average of 29.5). UNI was 0.156 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Iowa State could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Iowa State ranks 23rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.0 percent), while Maryland Eastern Shore forces the third-fewest turnovers (14.8 percent). Furthermore, the Hawks rank 309th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.193), while the Cyclones rank 14th in opponents FTA rate (0.160).
Wigginton has been impressive over the last five games for Iowa State, averaging 20.6 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Iowa State Cyclones Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, ATS Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Under
- The Cyclones average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 100th in the nation. The Hawks rank 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Iowa State ranks 81st in rebounds per game (38.0) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 252nd (30.4).
- The Hawks average 23.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 106th in the NCAA. The Cyclones rank 240th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- Iowa State ranks 123rd in assists allowed per game (13.5) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 230th (18.2).
- The Cyclones average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 52.0 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average).