The Liberty Flames (6-3) will be at home in Vines Center when they challenge the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (3-6). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Liberty Flames Odds Preview
The Hawks lost big to the Duquesne Dukes in their last matchup, 86-61. With 14 points on 2-for-9 shooting, Logan McIntosh led Maryland Eastern Shore in scoring. Duquesne had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 34.4). Maryland Eastern Shore, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent).
In the Flames last game, they defeated the Georgia State Panthers, 77-74. Liberty was lifted by Scottie James, who led the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The Flames held the Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.4 (below their season average of 28.4) and had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 16.5).
The physical Liberty offense could be living from the free throw line in this showdown. The Flames rank 94th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.270, while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 285th in FTA rate allowed (0.278) since last season. Moreover, the Hawks rank 298th in offensive efficiency (99.4), while the Flames rank 50th in defensive efficiency (97.1).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Liberty Flames Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, ATS Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Hawks rank 160th (3.6).
- Liberty ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 87th (5.7).
- Liberty ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 267th (15.3).
- The Flames rank 68th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while the Hawks rank 296th (39.4).
- Liberty ranks 52nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 204th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).