The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (3-10), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Knapp Center to take on the Drake Bulldogs (5-7). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Drake Bulldogs ATS Preview
The Hawks were beaten by the Iowa State Cyclones in their last outing, 55-49. Maryland Eastern Shore’s Logan McIntosh put up 17 points and eight rebounds in the game. Iowa State held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.331 (below their season average of 0.411). Maryland Eastern Shore, on the other hand, forced the Cyclones into a turnover percentage of 23.6 (above their season average of 13.9).
The last time the Bulldogs played, they were beaten by the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 87-74. With 12 points, Drake’s C.J. Rivers played well. South Dakota State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 26.5). Drake, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 15.7).
Conflicting paces will be on display in this showdown. Drake has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (76th in possessions per game), while Maryland Eastern Shore has been slower-paced (343rd in possessions per game). Moreover, the Hawks, who rank 314th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.184), could struggle to get to the line against the Bulldogs, who rank 54th in opponents FTA rate (0.186).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Drake Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 45th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Hawks rank 95th (6.3).
- Drake ranks 51st in assists per game (16.3) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 238th (9.6).
- The Bulldogs average 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. The Hawks rank 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- Drake ranks 168th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 256th (40.8).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 9.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Drake has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 47.0 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average).