The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (6-19, 2-8 MEAC) can snap an 11-game road losing streak when they clash against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (12-12, 6-3 MEAC) at Moore Gym. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they barely escaped the Florida A&M Rattlers, 62-61. With 16 points and 11 rebounds, Maryland Eastern Shore’s Miryne Thomas put together a good outing. Maryland Eastern Shore played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 28.4) and a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.193). Florida A&M was 14.7 and 0.185, respectively, for those same stats.
The Wildcats are trying to rebound after their 83-79 loss to the Norfolk State Spartans in their last contest. Shawntrez Davis was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 10-for-11 shooting. Norfolk State had a turnover percentage of 15.1 (better than their season average of 19.6). Bethune-Cookman, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (29-41; 70.7 percent).
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Wildcats (ranked 10th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Hawks (297th in possessions per game).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Hawks, it’s been Logan McIntosh, who has averaged 17.6 points and 5.6 assists, while the Wildcats have gotten solid contributions from Davis (17.0 points and 8.4 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 89-84. The Wildcats dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.429 and a turnover percentage of 13.7. The Hawks were 0.262 and 16.4, respectively, for those same stats. Brandon Tabb scored a game-high 28 points.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 84th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks fourth in rebounds per game (41.8) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Wildcats rank 76th in assists per game (15.0) while the Hawks rank 261st (10.6).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 78th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 245th (24.5).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (8.7 below their season average).